Ooooo....Ahhhh....Me Wants It!


~ Title: Angel Burn (Angel Trilogy #1)
~ Author: L.A. Weatherly
~ Publisher: Candlewick Press
~ Release Date: May 24, 2011
    (First published Oct. 1. 2010 in the U.K. under the title “Angel”)
~ Source: NetGalley


Summary from GoodReads:

Willow knows she’s different from other girls, and not just because she loves tinkering with cars. Willow has a gift. She can look into the future and know people’s dreams and hopes, their sorrows and regrets, just by touching them. She has no idea where this power comes from. But the assassin, Alex, does. Gorgeous, mysterious Alex knows more about Willow than Willow herself. He knows that her powers link to dark and dangerous forces, and that he’s one of the few humans left who can fight them. When Alex finds himself falling in love with his sworn enemy, he discovers that nothing is as it seems, least of all good and evil. In the first book in an action-packed, romantic trilogy, L..A. Weatherly sends readers on a thrill-ride of a road trip — and depicts the human race at the brink of a future as catastrophic as it is deceptively beautiful.


My Review:  4/5 Stars!

To begin with, this is my very first book review. Hope you enjoy!

Angles protect us, inspire us, and are seen as Heavenly beings carrying out the will of God, right? But, what if Angels have the potential to destroy all of humanity?  Due to a crisis on their home world, the Angles come to Earth, where they find a nice new food source….humans. Not that they actually eat humans, they just feed off energy, which leaves humans with Angel burn.

The story is told from the following four points of view:
~ Willow: She can fix your car, see your future, oh yeah and did I mention that she is half Angel and just might have what it takes to bring down the invading Angles?
~ Alex: He is smoking hot, has a dark, troubled past, and just happens to be an Angel Killer.    (Can you say rarrrr?)
~ Raziel: He is a big, bad Angel who is seeking to please the others still in his home world.
~ Jonah: He is just a normal human who works for Raziel and has fallen in love with the Angles, just like most of the country.

I liked how the story was told from both Willow and Alex’s perspectives. I must say I really enjoyed their relationship. It felt real and I found myself smiling as I read the scenes between them. I also like the part of the story that takes place in Tennessee (what’s where I live!).  It may be silly but I actually got kind of excited when a city that is 30-40 minutes away from where I live was mentioned. 

This book has action, adventure, romance, and a few surprises along the way. There were points were I could not stop reading! I cannot wait to read the next book in the series, “Angel Fire.” Pick this book up when it comes out later this year because this is unlike any “Angel book” you have read!



0 comments:

Post a Comment